Written by Jean Betts and William Shakespeare
Directed by Belinda Campbell
The Prince is a hazard and the new King’s a puppet. Who the hell is running Denmark?
Ophelia tries to please. Ophelia fails. Ophelia thinks harder.
With guerilla feminists invading the castle, failed spells from a frustrated maid, endless direction from a wily Queen and various ignored ghosts, this is not the Hamlet you know.
Ophelia Thinks Harder is a heightened, confused and darkly-funny world, where Shakespeare meets feminism.
And this time Ophelia gets all the best lines.
9 to 24 November 2018
Performed by Sam Anderson, Sarah Clarke, Lansy Feng, Ruby Rose Lauret, Aimee Marich, Artemis Muñoz, Jennifer Piper, Leigh Scully, Matt Tester
- Set Designed by Sarah Clarke & Jennifer Piper
- Lighting Designed by Jennifer Piper
- Sound Designed by Belinda Campbell
- Costumes Designed by Georgina Hanley
- Stage Managed by Valerie Dragojevic